Expedite the Fulfillment of FOIA Requests
Agencies can now turn requests for public documents around quicker than ever.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA) Requests
Many moving parts are involved in responding to citizens’ demands for government files, and every agency processes these transactions differently. FOIA requests potentially require the coordination of several employees across multiple departments in a complicated decision-making process that gets very messy when it is conducted manually.
- Customizable form fields can account for numerous document and file types (e.g., licenses, registrations, citations, case numbers, legislation, videos, emails, maps, plans, audio recordings, paper memos)
- Applications can accommodate tiered pricing, proportionate deposits, and hardship discounts and automatically calculate fees by labor and material (DVDs, CDs, mailers, etc.) costs
- Automated workflows can be adapted to your processes—no need to change the way you facilitate applications to fit another vendor’s software
- Applications are automatically routed across departments in the appropriate order for review and fulfillment, with clear escalation paths
- Agencies can track the status of each request, and identify pending reviewers, in a central dashboard
Features Used: Workflow Automation | Smart Forms | Document Generation | SimpliSign | Document Storage
Simpligov in Action
The SimpliGov FOIA solution contains all the tools necessary for facilitating an efficient digital automated process:
- Intuitive digital forms with customizable fields
- Automated configurable workflow that can accommodate multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Integrations with existing ERP, redaction software, and other internal systems
- Ability to pose questions and assign additional duties to others through the SimpliGov system, while recording and archiving that communication
- User-friendly portal for supporting documentation
- Automatic ranking of requests in the queue by due date and priority
- Dashboard for reporting and tracking of process status, tasks, and documents
- Audit trails with autogenerated documents and compliance
- Integrated eSignature—allows for multiple reviews and signatures on any single document
- Built-in compliance with government regulations
- Full transparency brought to one of the most important aspects of democratic government
- Better citizen service
- Increased efficiency—more requests are processed in significantly less time
- Drastic reduction in errors and lost requests through the elimination of manual processes
- Higher level of government accountability
Ready to begin?
We have you covered.
Moving to automation can be a daunting task. Even for the simplest of processes. If you don’t know where to begin, dont fret – we have you covered. Start with one of our onboarding templates and we will work hand in hand with you to customize it for your specific needs. Our aim is to get you up and running as fast as possible.
Explore More Use Cases
Red Folder – Executive Document Tracking and Review
Streamline and Accelerate Your Executive Review and Approval Process Our “Red Folder” solution empowers you to quickly and easily optimize …
Whole Person Consent Forms
Automate This Important Health Services Form and Workflow An integrated form and workflow helps better target and deliver health, behavioral …
Legal Residence Application
A Digital Process Ensures Accurate Assessments and Taxation Tax assessors levy accurate property taxes quickly when they automate the process …