In collaboration with its partner Novinzio, SimpliGov was able to get the cloud-based implementation up and running in only four weeks.
Like many cities across the country, developers and homeowners in Los Angeles looking to break ground on any project—a new daycare facility, a set of high-rise apartments, a house remodel, or anything in between—had to engage in a process that was paper-based and relied heavily on in-person interaction with city planners. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic presented the LA City Planning Office with an opportunity to make applying for a new construction project easier, more efficient, and less time-consuming for citizens and employees.
- Paper-based process required applicants to submit requests in person
- Pandemic necessitated a new remote online process in short order
- Applicants and city planners struggled to manage the many documents associated with each submission
- Staff was bogged down in bureaucratic tasks
- Workflow automation attaches credit card payment confirmation into city records
- Seamless integration with existing case management and billing systems
- Contractors and homeowners save time by submitting new building applications online
- Applicants and staff collaborate more effectively
- More effective use of staff time and resources
- Compliance with COVID-19 health protocols
- Implementation completed in just weeks